Join the Professional Pricing Society on Twitter to chat pricing information and strategies with featured experts in real time!
So, what IS a #PricingChat?
Twitter is the VERY popular Social Media platform that operates in real-time connecting millions across the globe. Twitter chats, or #TweetChats occur when a group of people collectively tweet about the same topic using a specific hashtag (#). This allows the conversation/ topic to be found or searched by millions, at any time.
Twitter chats are often repeated bi-weekly or weekly, and can be found using the same hashtag (#).
PPS uses the Twitter chat format to discuss pricing industry information in our weekly #PricingChat! Join the conversation Wednesdays at 3:00 PM EST. It’s a great way to discuss pricing topics, network with new people and learn new strategies.
It is EASY to follow along and chat with us during a #PricingChat!
Here are (3) basic steps to participate:
Step 1. Sign up for a Twitter Account –
Log on to Twitter.com and create a profile! Add a picture of yourself, or a favorite photo as an avatar, and begin following accounts that peek interest. Personal friends, favorite brands, news outlets, etc. all have a presence on Twitter.
Step 2. Follow @Pricing Society
In order to get the best in pricing news, updates, Conference and Workshop details, and of course our #PricingChats, you must follow the Professional Pricing Society Account on Twitter (@PricingSociety). All of the #PricingChat tweets and recaps can be found searching the hashtag #PricingChat.
Step 3. Follow Along and Join the Conversation!
- Follow as the moderator (@PricingSociety) asks questions to participants. Every Tweet should use the #PricingChat hashtag (#) so that everyone can follow along and search for the content later.
- Questions are often labeled, (Q1: , Q2:, Q3:, for example) and will include the hashtag (#PricingChat).
- When answering questions, always include the hashtag (#PricingChat) so others can view the contributions to the conversation.
- It is OK to greet new people within the chat as they join or “check-in.”
- RT-ing (re-tweeting) the posts of another user within the chat is a great way to show support for a statement or share them with your network of followers. The shares encourage others to participate as the chats are open to the public!
NEXT #PRICINGCHAT: 4.5.18 @ 2:00 PM EST
Peter Drucker said, “what gets measured improves.” It’s a simple concept that becomes infinitely more complicated when dealing with revenue management. In our experience, regardless of being B2B or B2C, most pricing metrics are underutilized. The lack of visibility and active management leads to lost sales and profit. During our discussion, we will cover and answer the questions about revenue management KPIs that every organization needs to evaluate.
About Featured Expert Avy Punwasse:
Avy Punwasee is a founding principal of Revenue Management Labs, a boutique consultancy dedicated to realizing sustainable bottom line improvements through developing and executing innovative pricing strategies. With over 15 years of senior experience spanning pricing, strategy, and analytics, Avy has transitioned from being an in-house practitioner with large companies such as Anheuser Busch InBev, Ford Motor Company etc. to consulting for leading global companies.
Remember this is a fun, open space for knowledge, sharing, and learning!
We welcome your thoughts!
Please join us on TWITTER for a NEW #PricingChat!